Saturday, December 4, 2010

When Life Doesn't Cooperate

Ambro / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
The Incident

Something happened to me recently that upset me, well, it shook me to the core to be more specific. I am one of those pocket of women who have horrible monthly periods (nausea, excruciating menstrual cramps and heavy flows). I try my very best to deal with it but the worst part is, no monthly period is ever the same and I have to adjust a little every month (my body fiercely reminded me of that in no uncertain terms). I had come to expect the occasional gush of blood along with the flow but this month in particular, I don't know if my hormones went ballistic or what but a mini flash flood came and the sanitary napkin and I were powerless to stop it. Needless to say, I had blood rushing down my legs onto the floor.


When the rubber meets the road

When the clean-up was completed, I lay on my bed and cried.  Then it occurred to me, this thing could happen when I get married and what would my perfect husband say or how would he react. Would he be a gentleman and be understanding to what women go through, or would he think that this woman he’d married is really a girl in a woman’s body who cannot control her periods.

So I said to myself ‘Maybe I shouldn’t get married’ I don’t want to frighten this man or seriously traumatized him for the rest of his natural life.  I can’t do this! I can’t put this huge burden on him. So my first instinct was to run and cower in fear.

'Men (some men) don't want to know our female problems even when we're carrying their child' one may say.  Thank God that just as no two of my monthly periods are alike, no two men are alike either.  At the end of the day, we need to first shed our insecurities and trust issues, then the God-given instincts would kick-in and we would be better able to separate the idiots from the real men.  Men who would not faint or puke at the first sign of blood.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice thought! loved it!
    I must appreciate your Nice site and efforts i would like to link your blog place my url http://pleasehelpmylove.blogspot.com to your site.
    Actually I'll be much glad if you visit it once and advice me anything. I need it.
    Thanks! Do my favor please!

    ReplyDelete